Thursday, March 27, 2008

Such a disappointment.

You know the beard thing I've been doing lately? I mean--not growing one, of course, but really liking the men who do? Or at least the men who have really nice close-trimmed beards?

Yeah.

I'm not sure if it's a result or a cause of this, but I've totally been crushing on a guy who happens to be in two of my classes. He's pretty tall, a little stocky, and has this dark hair that's just got tints of red, which for some reason looks really, erm, delicious. And he was bearded.

I say 'was,' because when I showed up for class this evening, I noticed that his beard, alas, was gone.

What a loss! I can no longer find him truly attractive.

So, I guess shallowness of affection comes in all sorts of flavors. For me, it's the beard-y flavor.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh the humanity!!

Wookface said...

Oh Beth, it makes me so happy that you like bearded men who have red in their beards. It makes me happy cause that's what MY beard is like!

Debbie Barr said...

*consolidatory pat*

It will be okay.

Plus I totally know what you mean

Becky said...

But at least you know he CAN grow a beard. Some poor men try but it turns out all sparse and scraggly, and, well, not really that attractive. So if nothing else, he has already proved to you his manliness!

Mama M said...

So does anyone else find it just a little disturbing that you are attracted to beards like the one your Wookfaced brother can grow?

And also, please accept this little note of perspective: They may be yummy to look at, but kissing one is a little too fuzzy for my taste.

*Mama shuddering*

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

Also, I think I like red-tinted beards because I would have a red-tinted beard. If I had a beard. If I could have a beard.

Also, I was thinking about it...and I don't think I really would mind kissing a bearded man.

Pretty weird, eh?

Pat said...

Oh - sorry your prince turned into a toad!