Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Dream o' Babies

I dreamed about babies last night.

Of course, last night I dreamed about a lot of things because I fell asleep somewhere around 9-ish over my textbook and didn't get up until oh... 8-ish this morning.

(Good GRIEF.)

But still--babies were in there at some point during the night.

And I dreamed about this pair of twin infants (one boy, one girl) I was taking care of for a friend. The baby girl had some serious health issues and had to be handled with rubber gloves. And even though she was an infant, she kept talking to me about how I didn't have to worry about her too much; you know--those kind of reassuring things people say when they don't want to be really fussed over. But I fussed, and I accidentally poked her little hands as I tried to fasten her cloth diaper with a safety pin and it was pretty darn distressing because then she looked at me with these big hurt eyes and just didn't say anything and I could tell she was hurt and kind of offended and...

Why on EARTH did I have a distress dream about babies? Which then evolved into these same infants being all grown up and dancing it up as young adults?

I have only one answer: my subconscious is a strange, strange landscape, that even I cannot comprehend.

Oooo.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Babies EVERYWHERE!!

kia said...

Umm...so I'm officially a stalker of your blog. I just thought you should know. And don't worry...I'm pretty sure the stalking is going to be permanant so get used to it.

Lindsay said...

I've been having a few weird dreams myself lately. Weird dreams all around!

Pat said...

Hey Beth, I consulted the Dream Dr. and babies in a dream can be a metaphor for a new career or business project, perhaps you feel that you are struggling with your career preparations at this point - but the fact that you see them dancing in the future seems to say that it will all work out in the end. Just my 2 cents. Check this out: http://www.dreamdoctor.com/dictionary/baby.shtml very interesting!

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

Funny thing about that. . .I've been having weird dreams lately. so weird. . . .

Becky said...

OOO! Pat, I LOVE the Dream Dr.! I haven't listened to him in so long...