Monday, January 14, 2008

What's lacking in my writing:

OH my goodness.

So, I found out today that someone has searched my blog for the term 'nephew.' (Have I ever mentioned how much I love reviewing my sitemeter stats? (Which, incidentally, has led to the discovery that most people who come across my blog randomly find it by searching for pictures of Olympus Mons and gallbladders. Which. Okay. I feel a little weird about. But whatever.))

Anyway.

But the 'nephew' search made me think of all the things you might find or not find by searching my blog for certain terms.

Terms like 'cow.' Which shows that I write "Holy Cow" a heck of a lot.

Or 'monkey.'

Or 'poop.'

But it made me realize that there are some glaring omissions in my use of words.

I, for instance, have never written about gnomes. Or grease. Or gravity.

Er.

Maybe I have a thing against words starting with 'g.'

In any case, at least it's given me some topics to ponder, perchance to write. Perchance.

I wonder what would come up if I searched for 'perchance.'

Let's see, shall we?

4 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Um... I should really do the whole sitemeter thing. I still haven't...

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

sitemeter? what's that? I no understand that word.

Pat said...

Hmmmm, so this is where the gall bladders go!...never thought about looking for mine here...
(I didn't know my sitemeter could do all that! I'm going to have to do some investigating!)

Lindsay said...

Hey - I need your email address so I can invite you to the writing group blog. Please email me at lindsay23 at gmail dot com. Thanks!