Sunday, January 20, 2008

What I cannot understand:

I can understand a city's need to jackhammer certain areas. I'm sure, walking around on the sidewalks as I commonly do, that if there were no jackhammering of said sidewalks and other places, that things would be in serious disrepair very shortly indeed.

I can even understand a city's need to do said jackhammering at a time when foot and vehicular traffic is minimal, such as weekends and at off hours.

But jackhammering at 3:30 in the morning almost directly outside my window for long enough that I, even I, deep sleeper that I am, am roused enough to not be able to get back to sleep for the life of me?

That.

That I cannot understand.

Or, at least, I absolutely refuse to.

7 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

*consolidatory pat*

Becky said...

Ugh! RUDE!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I just remembered how hard it is to wake you and cackled. Not very friendly or sympathetic, but true.

I'm sure that there are things about me that would elicit the same kind of reminiscent chortle. Feel free to indulge--I owe you a cackle at my expense now.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

The reason behind jackhammering at three in the morning is very simple and easy to understand:

The squirrels are tacking over.

The less sleep you get, the more tired you get, and the less will you will have to fight.

That, is the secret.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

Sorry, that should be taking not tacking! lol I'm sleepy!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Verily, that stinketh.

Pat said...

Seriously!...and why is it that the noisy garbage truck comes really late in the winter, but during the summer when the windows are open - he's out there at 6 am? !