Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I want it! No, I don't!

Okay. There is a huge ol' half-consumed chocolate cake sitting on the counter, and I want it. I want it bad.

So, you have to help me to convince myself how much I do NOT want this chocolate cake, because seriously I have been working hard the last two weeks and I don't want to blow it on a delicious slice of melt-in-your-mouth gooey crumbly chocolatey (did I mention delicious)...cake...

Okay. So, I don't really want this cake, except I do, but I really don't. Instead, I will content myself with some cauliflower. Or some sauteed peppers. Or some...er....celery. Yeah. Yum.

Aaaaaahhhhhh..... (Erm, that's supposed to be a long sigh...)

Oh, help.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Beth - put down the fork and step away from the counter...ah - there's a good girl!

Anonymous said...

Incoming subliminal message: youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake
youdonotwantthecake

Anonymous said...

Would you like a bran muffin?

Christian said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you only regret the dessert you DON'T eat.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Christian, that's NOT HELPING!

And Pat & Lindsay, thanks for your strengthening messages! :^) And Kim, I just about busted a gut. (Which would have been pretty icky, now that I think of it...)

And just so you all know, I DID resist the cake! Hurrah! The forces of evil (and chocolatey deliciousness) have been thwarted!