Sunday, June 25, 2006

Okay--I'm going boy-short.

We just found out on Friday that we're probably going to have to reduce employee hours where I work, so they asked to see if we'd be willing to take one day a week off and just work 4 out of the 5 weekdays. While I was a bit concerned about my subsequent smaller income, I realized that having an extra day off work will provide some definite advantages.

I can go get my hair cut without having to take time off work. There's this lady in my ward who runs a salon in her basement, but I'm rarely able to get a cut from her because she doesn't work on the weekends. But now... *Rubs hands together gleefully*

So, I'm going to go boy-short. Well, maybe not quite that short, but I'm going to get it cut at least to my chinny-chin-chin, and perhaps have it shaped or something around my face. Yeah. Okay, so it's still in the 'vague idea' stage. But, having my hair well past my shoulders is starting to be nothing more than a nuisance. I never give myself enough time in the morning to style it properly, so it's always pulled back, and it keeps coming out of my elastic hairband like a medusa-head impression. Cute.

Going short is (I believe) the only viable way to solve this problem. Also, I will get highlights, which I've never done before. My hair has always been completely au naturale, but I think it's time to make some changes & get some blondish highlights in. Hey, I'm not talking anything garish, people! I just want a natural looking lightening or something going on on top. Maybe it'll help my blah-ish locks be not-so-blah, at least a little.

So, yes. boy-short hair, and...lemme think what else....OH! I will also go to movies. (Dollar-theatre movies, of course. Heck, I'm not made of money, especially with these reduced hours, yo.) And.... maybe I'll go and sketch those horses that I drive past every day on the way to work! And.... maybe I'll also um... get manicures and junk like that. Oh, wait...That costs money too.

Or, maybe I'll just sit at home all day on my day off and think up entries for my blog. Yeah. That's what I'll do. And you'll like it, by golly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth with short hair . . . the mind boggles. Definitely the time of year to try it, though - who needs the insulation of 2' tresses when it's 100 stinkin' degrees out? You will send a picture of the results, I trust?

When I first read this post's title, my mind jumped to an Ensign blurb I recently read on modesty. It suggested that women buy men's shorts because they're longer. I thought, "Wow, Beth in boy shorts. That would be almost as unexpected as Beth with short hair." (OK, I didn't actually think that last part before reading the post, but it sure would have been cool if I had.)

Be sure to get cargo shorts - those pockets are bound to come in handy, and they'll look smashing with all your new T-shirts.

Anonymous said...

Boy shorts are cheaper too...and more comfortable...and they don't make them all tight and sexy (and uncomfortable...(that would be weird for boys) which is why I buy them. So go for it Bethy! Let your inner Tom-boy out to play!

Anonymous said...

Boy hair, boy shorts . . . keep this up and you'll end up driving a pick-up truck and playing rugby. Which would be really cool (I mean Beth playing rugby - I'm kind of neutral on the whole truck thing).

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Naaaaah.... I won't submit the world to the sight of my legs. It's long pants for me, with an occasional skirt thrown in for variation. Pam, your legs are much better than mine, so you can get away with it. I...would cause mass riots. Or something.

But rugby sounds kind of fun...

No trucks, though. Definitely. I'm a compact car kind of girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I used to drive a truck!!! Of course guys always said, "Wow, I've never known a girl that drove a truck." I wasn't sure how to react. Yeah, Christian...I'm talking to you! But if I ever need a reference for my legs...I'll put your name down Beth.

When I was in the 8th grade a girl in my sunday school class was going around the room saying what kind of car we would all be...if we were cars. Anyway, all the other girls in the class were convertalbes or little sports cars, but I was a truck. Again, not sure how to react. Now I guess I know you just can't run from your roots...or character...personality...you know what I mean.
Now you've all glimpsed into my past...and seen what makes me wear boy shorts.