Sunday, November 19, 2006

Holy Eggs!


Wow. I completely forgot I took this picture, that is until I was searching through my image files just now looking for something to spice up my blog, and maybe provide a topic.

So. Yeah. Holy. Cow. Or, rather, holy egg. (That is, if you believe that an egg having two yolks makes it holy. Which, erm, isn't really consistent with any religion I know about, but then I could be ill-informed. Although if this egg was holy, I'm afraid it's long gone by now. And yes, it was delicious.)

Uhhhh... I'm so sorry. You see, I'm spending all of my creative juices (mmm...delicious creative juices) dreaming up unlikely plot elements for my novel. Like finding a box with a compass that's kind of filled in with blue wax. And a woman who appears dramatically riding a glowing bear.

Yes. My story has definitely taken some weird turns. And, like, unexpected ones. And holy heck, (that is, if you believe that 'heck' is holy, which, in my book, it most certainly is not), I haven't even gotten to where the original fairy tale begins. STILL. In fact, as I pointed out to my younger sibs this evening, I'm still roughly five to ten years before the fairy tale starts, depending on what age I decide everyone will be when the adventurous siblings head off into the woods and one gets turned into a deer.

Yup. That's what I said: a deer.

So, I'm afraid my poor little blog posts will continue to be dull and boring and...will have pictures of eggs with two yolks...maybe...until November has ended and I've participated in that giant December 1st "Thank Heaven it's OVER" party. Except, at the rate I'm going (glowing bears notwithstanding) it'll be January at LEAST before I finish the rough draft of this darn thing. Of, like, 2008. So there.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A deer huh? Will anyone in your story suddenly discover they have the ability to read other people's thoughts? I've always wanted that gift...and been secretly terrified of other people having it. All the times I said to myself, "What an ugly skirt!" or "Maybe she should have asked someone if those pants made her butt look big." I'd get a punch in the nose everyday for the things I think. I should work on that. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow when I stop procrastinating.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Ooh! That actually reminds me of a talk one of the youth in our ward gave today. He was speaking about how the Lord answers our prayers, and he talked about wanting to pray for superhuman strength like Brother So'n'so and for the ability to read minds like the bishop.

Seriously. Have you ever noticed how uncannily bishops always seem to know what you're thinking? Even when you don't know yourself? So, never say "Man, that bishop is wearing an ugly skirt," in your head, even if it happens to be true.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

(Wow, I'm awesome at advice!)

Anonymous said...

You should be particularly careful about thinking that in Scotland, where your bishop might actually wear a skirt. If you insult his kilt, you insult not only his fashion sense but his entire family. Multigenerational Scottish wars begin that way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. One more reason to be thankful that I don't live in Scotland. So did the kid mention whether praying for superhuman powers worked for him? If so...I've been cheated...big time!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Nah. He said it was because he wasn't required to have superhuman powers in this life. Go figure.

I guess that Brother So'n'so and Superman are the lucky exceptions.

Pat said...

interesting photo - reminds me of that scene in "Casper" when they open the back-to-human percolater type machine prematurely, and Casper is - well....sunny side up!
:)

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Ahaha! Haha! Ooooh. I have to admit, I hadn't looked at those two yolks like that before. :^)

(My word verification is: "wowsyd". Imagine a girlfriend saying tentatively to her man, "Wow, Sid. I've never seen a man wear quite that shade of pink before.")