Friday, September 26, 2008

A little, tiny review.

The best of Robin McKinley’s books pour into the reader a sense of unfolding mysteries, like the lingering taste of some unknowable sweetness on the tongue, or the languid unfurling of the dense petals at the heart of a rose. Slowly, slowly the bud opens, revealing the glorious, beautiful design of the whole.

Chalice is one of these books.

Read it. If you possibly can.

(Oh, and also, check out Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Seriously. Do it now.)

6 comments:

Palomita said...

Thanks for the reviews - I'll have to check them out at the library!

Lydia said...

Those sound fun to read, I need more reading time in my day.

Palomita said...

By the way - how are you liking "Book Thief?" I read it last Thanksgiving - and bawled and bawled.

Debbie Barr said...

So, I just ordered Chalice. It should come on Saturday.

I hope you're happy.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I couldn't be happier. Seriously. Not ever happier.

Mary, I really like it so far. Unfortunately, I've had to set it aside this week for homeworkian reasons, but hopefully I'll get back to it soonish.

Adrienne said...

Got a question for you... I just read The Blue Sword and noticed it said it was the first in a trilogy. I was wondering what the other two are and if you know. And, if you know, could you perhaps tell me? :)