Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm just never going to get back to that story, am I

My brother-in-law keeps insisting that I mention him in my blog.

Because you know how my blog makes people famous. Also, I can use it to bend and shape reality. I could probably give people the ability to fly if I mentioned them here in this blogging land.

So there you go, Ben. Go and fly. Just make sure to give your kids rides, otherwise they'll be cranky for days.

Speaking of the marvelous kids of my sister and brother-in-law, have I mentioned yet that they're marvelous? And that they like to get rides from their flying dad?

Seriously, though--I have really enjoyed being around these kids for the past several days. I keep getting all amazed at how funny and how articulate and how gosh-darn-it adorable they are. Also, they apparently think I'm hilarious. Or possibly just weird and crazy. But, either way, I think my 'Favorite Auntie' status is almost in the bag. (Now, if I could just learn how to fly...)

Also, it is really, really, really ultra nice to see what great parents my sister & brother-in-law are. I think that a hefty chunk of the greatness of their children is due to the greatness of themselves. (Did that sentence make any sense?)

Also, the sound of my three-month-old neice cooing is just about enough to make me melt into a puddle of sticky auntie goo. (Goo! Gross!)

Um... And we leave for Utah in, like, two days! Hooray for seeing family! It's officially my favorite thing ever. Even flying couldn't be as good as this.

7 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Funny - I was never very interested in babies until I had one of my own. Now I think they're all the cutest darn things.

Debbie Barr said...

Jealous! Except I get to see you in, like 2 days! Also, favorite Auntie status is SO not in the bag for you yet, missie! I'm still in the running, and well prove it when you all get here. I'm already pretty much Hyram's favorite, so yeah, take that. ;)

Becky said...

Except, Nerdy sis, you don't even know how to spell HYRUM correctly! I think I should be the favorite Auntie! *Runs to the store to pick up lots of jelly beans to slip to the nieces & nephews TOMORROW!*

Becky said...

P.S. Loves ya, Debs!

Mama M said...

Nice to know that I have no competition whatsoever for the title of "Favorite Grammy!"

Since you are at this very moment on the road here, I will actually see you in person before you even read this comment. Ahhhh... Nothing compares to real life, even flying in blogging land.

Joanna said...

Hyrum loves ALL his aunties, and can say the names of all of them. I've been telling him that Auntie Beth and Auntie Mary are coming to visit, but when I say that Baby Sarah is coming to visit, he pokes my belly and says, "Baby Sarah?"

Debbie Barr said...

TAG!!!

*points to my blog*