Monday, December 04, 2006

How, oh how did she get my life?

I've been blog cruising; you know--looking for stuff to read on a Sunday night, browsing around the internet because the only alternative is going to bed muy early and also turning on my nifty space-heater so my toes aren't freezing all night.

And (thanks to Lindsay's awesome links) I happened across the blog of a girl who is living the life that I want.

I wonder if you guys have ever had that experience before, where you open up a newspaper and there, in the local section, is the gal (or guy) who, from their naturally curly hair to their husband (or wife) named Stan (or Jill) is exactly who you want to be.

Well, this girl is it for me. She just got back from getting a degree in Library Science from a university in England, (HELLLOOOOO! COOL!), just got a job as a bona fide librarian, just went on an awesome blind date with a guy who, get this, wrote her a thank-you note for a great date!

Holy---

I just want to go over to her blog, plunk down at her feet and say, "Teach me, oh great one! I will be your willing pupil if only, only you will tell me how to get my hair to curl naturally like that, and how to be a librarian, and also how to get neat guys to write thank-you notes to me."

But I'm too embarrassed to do it. Because I'm living the life that no one really wants. And I'm actually just a little bit ashamed, because by heck and by golly it's my own gosh-darned fault that I'm where I am today. So I'll just keep on lurking and read about her being productive and wonderful and helpful in her librarian position and also having a really great time dating thank-you-note boys.

Urg. *Twitch.* And off I go to customer service tomorrow. Woooo.

Yeah. Bed sounds like a really good thing right now.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah, even though I also don't technically know her, she's pretty much living the life I dream about as well. I mean -- a library science degree! From a university in ENGLAND!! Also, she is a hilarious and wonderful writer. So jealous.

Of course, though, I do suppose I am happy where I'm at. I have a wonderful husband who takes care of me when I'm feeling blah. Plus, I'm living the good life in the American Midwest. So who am I to complain? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy with the life I've got, but you do have to admire someone who uses "couth" in context. And her picture is pretty snazzy, too.

I think Beth's is more fun, though. :)

Debbie Barr said...

Beth is WAY more fun. Besides, who wants to be all happy and warm and fuzzy all the time? Psh. Know one wants to read about happily-ever-afters, just the journey there. ^^