Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And I don't even miss the other chin.

Today was weigh-in day. I approached the scale with trepidation but left it with...er...jollity.

For behold, I have at last reached MY FIRST MINI GOAL! And I won't tell you what the goal was (because it's too embarrassing) but I will tell you that this morning I was 5 lbs UNDER it.

And I didst rejoiceth greatly much. And lots of it, too. Tied up with ribbons. With complimentary pink bunny slippers. And... (what on earth am I talking about???) This makes 37.5 lbs in total, and I find that I'm definitely liking the feel of my now-baggy jeans.

To illustrate my (slightly less large-o) self, here's a pic I took on Saturday. It's blurry, but I think it captures, um, the green of my shirt pretty well. Oh, and did I mention that I finally got that haircut? This past summer?







And here's another pic. Because I think it's funny.


See how wrinkled and studious-looking my forehead is? Yeah. We're talking serious thought processes going on here, including but not limited to: ponderings upon cheese, why "House Hunters" on HGTV is good television even though it seems completely boring, and also thinking that what I had for lunch might actually be an interesting blog post after all.

It was chicken. Mmm.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Way to go!!! And 5 lbs under no less. :)

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, Miss McGee. You look happy, too, which is even more important. :)

I think you've also gotten new glasses since I saw you last. I like 'em.

Palomita said...

Wahoo! I'm so proud of you! You've done so well - I'm so impressed with your perserverance! (I don't think I spelled that right). Love you - and you look beautiful, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Beth, you're so pretty :)

Pat said...

Congrats on reaching your goal!
Lookin' good!