Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why Whole Wheat Flour is Super-Oopity-Duper

Ahem.

So when I say I'm going to post on my blog sometime later that day, what I really mean is that if I were a less flawed version of a human being, I would post later that day in accordance with my less-flawed and more-perfecto way of doing things. I would not delay something I said I would do; I would not gaze at my lappy with apathy and turn (yet again) to flipping the channels on the tv set, watching a steady stream of mundanity flow by.

I would post, by gum.

Alas. I am not as perfecto as I would wish.

So, in accordance with my rather more-flawed way of doing things, I am posting about whole wheat flour today, dutifully (nay--blissfully) ignoring the promise I made to talk about it, oh, um, three or so days ago.

...

...

...

So, that whole wheat flour, huh? Pretty nifty stuff!

Actually, I'm really rather excited about whole wheat flour at the moment. You see, I've sworn off (at least for the forseeable future) refined white flour & all the attendant easy-digestibleness thereof. So whole wheat flour has become my semi-staple, my way of eating lovely bready foods like...bread...and........dough. Actually, the only thing I've made so far with said whole wheat (hereafter referred to as "ww") flour is some (or is it 'was some') ww pizza dough, to which I added toppings like fistfuls of mozzerella, sliced tomatoes and (mmm) triangles of Canadian bacon. Yummy! (Is it just me, or is the word 'yummy' a trifle too...perky?)

I hope to soon go on (ooo...a split infinitive) to ww bread (in loaf format) and ww rolls, soon to be followed by ww chocolate chip cookies (sweetened with Splenda) and ww brownies and other delectable artificially sweetened bits of not-so-decadent-decadence.

And perhaps, perhaps in a very long while, I'll feel prepared to make and bake and eat a lovely, dark, whole wheat chocolate cake, that will be mine...all my own...in memory of that cake I never had.

Mmmmmmmmmm. How I long for that delicious whole wheat chocolate cake. And I won't share. No, not one bit.

Well, maybe just a little.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my ongoing effort to find and/or devise edible food storage recipes (no easy task, alas), I've found a pretty good recipe for ww pancakes. I'd be happy to pass it along.

Keep us posted on how the wwcc (whole wheat chocolate cake) turns out. I'm trying to imagine what that would be like, and failing miserably.

Anonymous said...

P.S. While I wouldn't use "yummy" in a term paper, I think it a perfectly splendid word in other contexts.

Don't ask Cathy about her family's alternate definition of it, though . . .

Palomita said...

I have a GREAT ww pancake recipe, too - I usually add blueberries, and eat them with a dollop of whipped cream - definitely yummy! I also recently made a great loaf of crusty, European style bread. It's whole wheat, with whole grain rye flour, too. I was thinking that I might make some for Thanksgiving. Really chewy, and crusty, and ummmm.... sorry, just drooling a little here!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Whoooo; don't DO that to me, sis! Ach, how I long for delicious bread. Of course, I ate delicious food tonight anyway, so life is pretty good.

And Kim--PLEASE pass along the ww pancake recipe! :^) I'd be happy to experiment with it. (Although I haven't tried the wwcc yet, I'm still certain it will prove irresistable.)