Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Juicy Juice

So, have you been waiting for the latest scoop on my daily life?

Have you been anxiously bouncing on the edge of your seat for, like, the last three weeks or MORE??

Have you been nearly weeping with the stress of NOT KNOWING WHAT'S GOING ON IN MY LIFE???

Yeah, okay.

So you haven't. I'm cool with that.

BUT, you're gonna hear the latest scoop all the same.

Well, last night I almost went and did something that might have furthered my plans to attend grad school, and didn't. It seems like this happens a lot to me. I'll be all geared up & ready to do something that (for no good reason whatsoever) is difficult for me, and then at the last minute, I'll find some lame excuse (like a blizzard) to not do something.

I can't even remember what my excuse was now. Ohyeah. Nevermind. I DO remember, and yes, it was lame.

So, here I am, posting to my blog, wondering when on earth I'll join the world of chordates and get a spine. Or a... a whatever-it-is thingy that makes you do stuff. Yeah. One o' dose.

Not that I'm complaining. No, it's more just a slight feeling of disgust. What is it Mr. Bennett says to Elizabeth? The feeling will pass, no doubt more quickly than it should.

(Ooh. I just noticed--can you tell I don't like paragraphs to be more than, like, two sentences long in this post? Whoppee!! Short paragraphs!)

Where was I? Ohyeah. Approximately nowhere. Which is where I'm going. Rapidly. In a handbasket. Or wait, maybe the handbasket is a vehicle to somewhere else not quite so bad...or is it? In our worst versions of Hell, have we really hit the point of what a hellish existence is? Maybe it's just simply because you're damned--literally not progressing--bound to one state because you can't move on to the next--you're not prepared to. And, even if we're lazy, (which I am), we love to feel like we're moving forward in our lives, making something of ourselves. And when we're not, where else could we be but in Hell?

So, pass the handbasket, please. I think I'm taking a ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Story of my life. I haven't figured how to get around this myself. Lately I've been giving myself ridiculously easy goals to start with and then setting the bar progressively higher. Like deciding to get at least 5 minutes of work done. When I at least get started, it's easier to keep going. But I still have about as much initiative as certain kinds of sedimentary rock.

Anonymous said...

I think you're all a bunch of slackers. I'm glad that I live far far away so that your lame-ness doesn't rub off on me. Riiiiiiiiight. So I have to go to DC this week for some language testing and have been intending to study my Chinese and Polish since I haven't even thought about thinking about a Chinese word in nearly a year. But do I spend last night studying? Nooooooo. I actually watched the second half of a football game to avoid studying Chinese. (Luckily it was the playoff game and since we won...we're going to the superbowl and now no one at work will make fun of me for not knowing that the Seahawks are going to the superbowl for the first time in all of history.) But I hate football. And now, when I should be studying during my lunchbreak I'm writing stupid blah blah blah on this blog instead. There, you should all feel better about yourselves now.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Should I be offended? I think I'm offended.

Or maybe not. Maybe I'm just...not offended. Yah. That's it. I'm not offended.

So there.

(P.S. As far as being a slacker? Yah. Guilty as charged. *Winks*)