Friday, June 26, 2009

Well, I'm off.

I leave Boston today. This evening, to be precise, at approximately the same time a major thunderstorm system is supposed to get up and going. We'll see if I actually leave on time.

I have swept my room and dusted my furniture (and in the process gathered together a pile of dust bunnies that, combined, would probably equal a small child in weight--it's, er, been a long time since I've swept under my bed--eugh) and have packed my bags and am currently stuffed with food that I've been desperately cramming down in a vain attempt to eat up the last of my groceries. Alas.

And now I am waiting for the right time to go down to the T and hop onto the train, hauling my suitcases behind me and hoping against hope that they won't go over the weight limit and that the airlines will accept a backpack as a personal item. 'Cause I don't think I'll have room otherwise.

So, I'll update y'all later. Probably once I'm all through tripping around and have safely ensconced myself in my parents' basement.

I know you'll miss me.

See you on the other side!

8 comments:

emilysuze said...

Have a safe flight!

Debbie Barr said...

BAH!!! I can't believe you're coming home. There will be long, awkward hugs involved, so be ready.

Charlotte said...

we are going to miss you oh so much. be safe!

azrobisons said...

Have a safe flight Beth and welcome back to the West! Love ya'!

Janan said...

Congrats! Safe flight!!

Anonymous said...

I will totally miss you Beth--I mean, who else is going to tell me stories of mongooses when I need them the most?
Take care-

Mama M said...

It has been a few days since you posted this, so I know that in fact your flight was delayed several hours, your backpack was indeed allowed, your nerves held up, and that you and your dear friend are currently driving through the Carolina (N&S) region, happily learning about Cherokee customs, and missing out on the anticipated bluegrass music festival.

And that you did NOT see the famous Cape Hatteras Light House but that maybe someday you will return there with your mother, who coincidentally has always wanted to see the famous Cape Hatteras Light House.

Oh, and fyi, I've washed your bedding.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Wow. I can't believe you're already done with librarian school and off to see the wide world. That thought makes me happy. [contented sigh]