Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here's a rundown of my last few weeks:

I have recently done a lot of nothing much. And before that, a lot of sitting. (While thousands & thousands of feet up in the air, but still, I was occupying myself with looking out the window and listening to the woman next to me sing along to the Michael Jackson memorial concert. And occasionally peeking into my novel. (For some reason I have a hard time reading on planes.))

And before that, a lot of sitting. (While in a car, then on a beach, then back in the car.)

And before that, a lot of sitting. (While in a car which was meandering through the positively gorgeous Great Smoky Mountains National Park.)

The in-between bits were actually most excellent, with time spent with my fabulously wonderful (or wondrously fabulous?) D.C. friend, learning about the history of the Cherokee, getting sunburned on beaches with ponies and dolphins in the distance, then visiting notable D.C. sites, such as Ford's Theatre and the heartbreaking Holocaust Museum.

And now I play with children and contemplate searching for jobs. But mostly I'm not getting anything much done. I'll buckle down and work on stuff later, I'm sure. Maybe when the little nephews go down for a nap.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Too bad those nephews don't EVER SLEEP! Good thing you're around to keep them busy during all their awakeness. :)

azrobisons said...

Joanna's don't sleep either! Oh, thank goodness my children are quite normal!Lol My 5 year old refuses to nap anymore, quite emphatically too! My almost 3 year old is trying to slowly do away with nap time and I'm hanging on to it for dear life and Mary, our new baby, well, let's just say that we've had a lot of sleepless nights, but they are getting better. She'll actually go 3 to 4 hours before wanting to eat again most of the nights lately.
Oh, your awesome descriptions of the sights you can see in the East and beaches with dolphins, etc. Just sound so incredibly wonderful! Oh, the things you've done and seen in your 30 years is just magnificent to me! I love you and hope to hear from you soon! Hey, what is your e-mail address so I can send you pictures of our new baby if you'd like? You can even text it to me if you want to.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

". . . thousands and thousands of feet up in the air . . ."

I thought you were going to say you'd taught your pet millipede to roll over.