Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Homework is EATING ME ALIVE!!!

It's true. Homework is engulfing me from the ground up; my toes and Achilles tendons have been nibbled away, my calves chewed upon, and now it's turning a hungry, baleful eye on my kneecaps.

Gross, homework! Keep away! I hate things that eat people! (Like mosquitoes, tapeworms, etc.)

Perhaps I shall conquer it with my vorpal sword. Or my stare of death. Or my.

Or my diligence, hard work and sacrifice.

But whatever the solution, I cannot conquer it by blogging.

So, away I must. (Go, that is. Away I must go. Silly sentence structure, that.)

Farewell. Until I emerge on the other side of this gruesome conflict, in which more shall be injured than paper and...laptop keys?

I. Make. No. Sense.

But I love making it nonetheless.

6 comments:

Mama M said...

Oh my dear, I do believe that you were either in a state of unnatural exhaustion when you wrote this post, or you have taken to sneaking a private nip of a bottle in a brown paper sack now and then. And since I KNOW that you would never break your mother's heart by imbibing forbidden liquids, I MUST assume you were simply punch drunk. In which more things were injured than furniture! (See... I got the reference!)

Hang in there. Someone on this end of the keyboard is thinking about you and praying for you. Daily. And multiple times.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Good luck. This too shall pass. :)

Lydia said...

Homework can be a pain but at least your getting your school done.

Horsley News said...

OK so a "little" bit of homework is over coming you. Ha Ha. I know your sturdy pioneer stock will get you through this "difficult" burden. Enjoy every bit of your life because it to shall pass.
Aunt Susan

emilysuze said...

Good luck with homework. It's a good think that you're so brilliant and dedicated and all those other things that go into making a person a good student. :)

I keep telling myself that this is the year to go back to school and yet, here I am, another year not enrolled in school.

Someday I will be more like you and take the initiative and just go back to school.

Pat said...

Go forth, conquer - emerge victorious!
(...and way to set the priorities! Well done faithful student!)