Saturday, July 26, 2008

Miscellany

Man. I just wrote most of a lengthy post that was meant to be all introspective and thought provoking... And I found that my heart just wasn't in it. So. No pontification today, people.

So sorry.

But here's the good bits that I rescued from said post (the good bits being the parts that weren't all full of philosophizing junk):

Guys, I had such a good day today.

I spent a great deal of it (probably too much) puzzling over the concepts in Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, and some of it (probably not enough) puzzling over how I'm going to teach Elder D. Todd Christofferson's article: "Justification and Sanctification" (which, just so you know, is amazing and wonderful, even though it took me two read-throughs (the second time with heavy use of colored pencil) to even start to feel like I understood it) tomorrow in Relief Society.

Also, I went up to the church this afternoon to help out with the Relief Society booth at the open house we (the singles wards) hosted. There weren't a ton of people who showed up, but I did get to have some interesting conversations with folks. So, hurrah for that.

And...that's about it!

Also, I now have a picture of my sister and niece up on my computer as my desktop background. It's so gosh-darned adorable that I just kind of have to share:


Yeah. Her expression in this picture is possibly the best thing EVER. Love that googly-eyed look. (P.S. The sister holding the baby is NOT the mother of said baby. No, indeed. Although she (the sister, that is) does have two lovely children of her own. This baby belongs to another sister. A sister not in the picture. Yes. That sister. All clear? Good.)

6 comments:

kia said...

My darling Beth. I'm SO very sad that I'm going to be missing your lesson! So, the only solution I can think of is that you are just gonna have to give it to me later. Good luck, and super cute niece (isn't it so hard to leave babies? I just spent a week with the most adorable girly ever and I gave her a stern lecture about not growing up this morning when we had to part but I'm pretty sure to no avail...she just giggled the whole time).

trentathon said...

You can't force a blog post, it's true. When you're not in the mood, you've either gotta do something else, or post most of the material and make it more smooth some other day when you're feeling it. Okay, maybe you don't need to, but I do. Thanks for the review of Audacity. I am definitely going to read it

Becky said...

You're much more the philosophizingerishly person than me. So I will leave THAT to you, and my only comment will be:
Your niece IS very darling! I wish I could claim her as my own baby!

P.S. Hope your talk went swimmingly today, dearest sister. I'd love to hear the details!!

Joanna said...

This family just has too many sisters and too many babies.

Palomita said...

WHAT! Jo - we can never have too many sisters, OR too many babies!

I love that picture of Sarah, Beth! It's too, too, too cute for words! We tried solid food for the first time yesterday - just mashed potatoes from my plate, but you should have seen the way she attacked my spoon! A little lioness...

Love you!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Kristie--the lesson went pretty well, I think; it's a great talk, if you get a chance to read it.

Trent--excellent! I really recommend it.

Becky--you just need your OWN baby to claim!

Jo--I don't think that's scientifically possible. (Ooh! Ooh! Name that quote!)

And Mary--DANG! I miss that kid! (And you too, of course. :))