Tuesday, February 07, 2006

No, I'm not, actually.

Um, just so you guys know, (yes, all of you who are currently crouching in the corners of your room, shivering with fear, wondering what horrible self-truths I will reveal in this blog), I'm not depressed.

I don't know if you thought that I was, but I suspect that it may have crossed some of your minds, but I want you to know that you're wrong.

I'm not depressed.

I'm actually quite content. Well, content is perhaps too strong a word. But I am reasonably accustomed to my life, and to its challenges, and really, in mortality, isn't that the most we can ask for? So, I'm not depressed.

Let's all say it together: "I'm not depressed." Er, except, you should say, "She's not depressed," and I'll say, "I'm not depressed," except that we'll all say it at the same time so that it sounds like a jumble of "I'masetshesstnotttdepressedsteChristopherColumbus."

Good. Now you don't have to be afraid to post a comment anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lovliest Bethy...
I'm glad that you're not depressed...although I think the world has seriously dramatized what being depressed is. Is it really so bad to know that the world is crap and that those of us who don't live in war-torn misery are the minority in the world? Is it really so bad to be concerned? According to this history channel show about Abe Lincoln, he was continually depressed and would wander the halls all night in agony over the human suffering caused by the Civil War. But they never said he was depressed. Because he was a great man after all. "Depression" is reserved for people who don't have a good cause to be sad apparently. But I think anyone who cares about the world even a little has some cause to be depressed. Perhaps not rude and hermit-like...but sad in general...as long as we can be happy for the good things that happen. All of Poland is this way. I'm happy that I know a sensible, caring, intelligent person like you. See!!! I'm not depressed either!