Thursday, February 02, 2006

An early "Happy Groundhog Day" to you too!

Okay--this post is just for fun. As my family sat together this past Monday during FHE, my mom mentioned that my brother Peter's "Hump Day" (or half-way mark to you uninitiated) for his mission was February 2nd (tomorrow). So, as part of our family discussion, we decided to send him a little something to commemorate.

Attached is what we did. (Well, I did the drawing, and my mom wrote the words. Yep.)

So, it's not deep, and it's not profound, and it certainly won't change your life for the better, but I hope you enjoy the pic at least a little.

(By the way, I think if you click on the image, it'll make it larger, so you'll be able to see the fine details of this near-masterpiece.)

Er. Yah. Hope you likes it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I like your picture (although it is possible that the camel's hind foot might be mistaken for another part of his anatomy).

Er...hmmm...I thought I'd use this as a forum to share some news, but since I feel like being oblique and cryptic, I'm not going to come right out and say it. Instead, I'll tell you that our current favorite word is blastocyst. Ed says it sounds like a swearword (say it vehemently and you'll see what he means).

If anyone needs further clues, complain vociferously, wait for me to feel mysterious and important, and then I'll divulge more information. Love you guys!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh, for pity's--

Cathy, you've been thinking about blastocysts, and how they come about WAAAY too much. The hind foot of that camel looks nothing like. That other thing.

But congrats on your blastocyst! Man! I think November & December were, um, busy months for many people I know. *Wink, wink!*

If I see you on Saturday, I'll have to catch up on the details. (About the blastocyst. Not the making thereof. I don't want to know.)

Loveya!

Anonymous said...

Quick summary.

A blastocyst is a not-quite-embryo-yet clump of cells.

I thought I was pregnant.

I'm not.

But...I'd also thought that I was pregnant, and then miscarried, which is a whole lot gloomier than being pretty sure that I just received erroneous tests results, and never was pregnant at all.

I'll let you folks know the next time we think we have a blastocyst, although I may wait a bit to make sure it's nos a phantasmagorical blastocyst.