Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nothin' to see...

It's nearly 2 o'clock in the morning. And I'm sitting here at my desk ("my" being a metaphorical term standing in for the phrase "my parents'") catching up on my Google Reader feed and ruminating on the latest episode of Lost I've gotten to (post-popularity-ly).

And peeps, I'm staring down the barrel of a gun that has a terrible message written on it. "You're, well, you're kind of dull," it says, etched in its metal sides. Which is a kind of difficult thing to read, since I'm staring down the barrel and all, and the sides are at an oblique angle to my field of vision.

Also, that is a really awful metaphor.

I wish there were things I could write about. But right now, my life consists mainly of filling in the same information into numerous application forms for jobs I will never receive replies from, watching Lost online, catching up on all the years of video gaming I never got as a child, and (when life demands it) doing laundry.

I think the blogging spirit consists of two main parts. First, one needs a topic. Second, one must have a desire to share said topic. And I haven't had much of either lately.

But, ne'er fear. I'm sure something will come along sometime (in its vague sort of way) and I'll be somewhat more inclined to spout somesuch stuffs.

In the meantime, I'll try to think of stuff to share.

Like crazy dreams of flying around a crowded shopping mall. Or my adventures in cookie-making. Or my belief that my mother and I may be recovering from swine flu.

See? Even the dull (and yikes--really whiny) occasionally have things to talk about. Sort of.

4 comments:

Mama M said...

I am grateful we are both finally feeling better. I think I caught the "H1N1" (aka Swine) flu from you, but that only seems fair, since you appear to have caught my rather trivial and apathetic case of ennui.

These things tend to balance themselves out.

Oh, and BTW, the CC cookies were divine.

azrobisons said...

Beth, I am so sorry to hear that you have been recently sick. Now I know that you may think "dull" describes your current situation in life right now, but you must, I hope, always remember that even when you feel that life is like this, I and of course (obviously) many many others love you to death! Well, actually I hope our love never ever causes such a thing as death, but I'm sure you get the picture I'm trying to create here. :} I can't begin to describe how wonderful it was to see you Labor day weekend! Oh, if at all possible we have to do something over Christmas break without children around! Lol I love them, it's just nice to have a break sometimes. I'll talk to you soon. I am very glad you are feeling better.

Cathy said...

I think we've had swine flu too. I saw a statement from the CDC (online of course) that almost all flu going around right now is swine flu, and we've certainly had something with flu-like symptoms. But we're better now.

Can I make a suggestion for your job-search activities? Try doing lots of hanging out in various libraries/ talking to folks there/ community service. Not only does this fit into the "networking" category of activities that are supposed to be hugely more effective than job applications but it's also a whole lot more fun! Hey, who doesn't love to talk about books? In a library? Try and do things that will help you remember why you want this sort of job instead of just grinding out applications (which always makes me want to hide and eat enormous quantities of ice cream).

Love you lots. Sorry you graduated in such a tough economy. But hey, you graduated! You did well! You have talents and abilities! Jus t keep trying.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Cathy is wise. That's one of the many reasons I like her.

I've been having blogger's block, too (least on my Bluestocking blog). Trying to drag myself out of that morass. Good luck to both of us. :)