Wednesday, January 06, 2010

There has been a slight change.


You know those times when you've been growing your hair out for awhile? So that now it reaches about to your lower back? And undulates in sort of half-fraying curls? And you decide, sort of on a whim, but not really, that you're going to get your hair cut? Really, really short? In fact, shorter than any previous cut that you can remember? Except for maybe that time when you were five and your sister was playing with your Mom's scissors and basically cut your bangs completely off? And you go to get your hair cut with your Mom and find a style that's pretty short, and is pretty much what you're looking for, but you're not quite sure if it'll work with your decidedly less sculpted face? And you get the cut anyway?

And it all turns out to be one big horrible mistake, and you cry all the way home and for the rest of the day?

Yeah. Today is SO NOT one of those days. (Well, everything up to the 'horrible mistake' part is pretty much 100% true. But not after.)

I have a new haircut. And it's short. And I likes it. Sorry I couldn't seem to get a decent picture of it, but the above at least shows you that it's short. Which is what I wanted. Because, for some reason, the hippie look just wasn't working for me anymore. Time to get with the 21st century. And time to start looking my age.

And time, frankly, to feel just a little bit more awesome.

13 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

WOW. That's different! And very sassy. I'm glad you like it! :)

Janan said...

Can I just state, you haven't aged a bit from circa 2000 . . . how is it you stay so still young looking?? I want on that plan! Can they get rid of wrinkles you already have??? You look AMAZING!! I do like he short do!!

Larkin Legacy said...

Beth: I've had sort of the same "itch" to cut mine, too. But probably won't. Too much maintainence. Oh well. Love yours!Glad you're happy with it. Auntie

Palomita said...

Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! And, can't wait to see it in person in ONE WEEK!!!

Becky said...

I love it too! And I love it even MORE in person! Way cute! And I can't BELIEVE how curly your hair is! And red. You know, I've always envied your hair! :P :)

Mama M said...

The most amazing part was looking at those long curls that COVERED the floor of Aimee's basement home hair salon! And I agree with Debs. It is sassy and fun and YOU!!!!!

Joanna said...

For cute!

emilysuze said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you were so brave! I'm super scared of cutting my hair that short. Good for you! :)

Reynolds said...

LOVE IT!! I have had both of those days so I am glad you love it. Serves you right.

Arkansas Bartholomews said...

It looks good and fun. Very glad the crying on the trip home didn't happen. =)

I've never gotten to the mid-back stage. My split ends take on a life of their own and are nearly ready to take over the world when they get an inch or so past my shoulders.

Anonymous said...

Im loving your blog. I just stumbled across it.

Feel free to check out mine!

http://theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com/

azrobisons said...

Beth, You did It!!!!!! Oh, my goodness! It looks very cute!!!!! Oh, I would love to see it in person. Maybe on one of my next trips up. I was trying to tell my husband about the book you have been writing. You know, that you started for Nanowrimo. Anyway, I was all excited about it and was trying to express my excitement and how cool I think your book is to my husband and unfortunately did not do it justice. So I ended up in the end finally telling him, "Oh, you should listen to Beth tell you about it. She knows better details and knows how to word things and it is just so incredibly cool!!! You would absolutely love to read it!!!" :)
Anyway, very impressed that you got your hair cut so short. It is quite cute 'n' sassy and very modern. You "thoroughly modern Millie"! :)

LizzyLu said...

Now you're a hot librarian girl with SHORT hair! Yay.